View our investment criteria here.
You and your neighbors can play a game to test potential projects and find out what to look for. Instructions and materials are here.
Here are the key criteria:
- The property to be acquired is in New York City.
- The programming proposed in the property supports culture, small business, cooperation, and/or community benefit.
- The programming in the property benefits populations that have traditionally had barriers to accessing stable places to assemble and/or do their work.
- The property and programming proposal are financially sound so that we will be able to pay members back; we aim to minimize the risks we are taking with our money and resources.
- The property acquired is restricted from being transferred as a market commodity in the future through legal mechanisms in its deed (e.g. covenants, conservation easements, community land trusts); we can make this a prerequisite for working with us.
Have an idea and not sure if it fits? Contact the Steering Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-727-8465!